Did you know that Moses and Aaron’s sister Miriam was married to the righteous Caleb?
“Caleb son of Hezron fathered children by Azubah [his] wife, and by Jerioth. These are her sons: Jesher, Shobab, and Ardon. When Azubah died, Caleb married Ephrath [Miriam, the sister of Moses and Aaron, who was called Ephrath because Israel became fruitful through her], who bore him Hur” (I Chronicles 2:18-19 Tanach).
The Jewish Encyclopedia reveals that Miriam was married to Caleb ben Jephunneh, who was also known as Caleb ben Hezron. One of the reasons that being connected to Hebrew History is so important is one person in the Bible can be given various descriptive names.
For instance, Caleb was also known as Chelubai in First Chronicles 2:9. Caleb’s father was called both Jephunneh and Hezron. And according to the Jewish Encyclopedia: “Miriam is said to have had also the following names: Ephrath, Helah, Naarah, Azubah, Jerioth, Zohar, Zereth, Ethan, and Aharhel (I Chron. 2:18, 4:5-8), which were given to her on special occasions (Ex. R. i. 21). She was married to Caleb b. Jephunneh, or b. Hezron, to whom she bore Hur (I Chron. 2:18-21). Then she fell ill (hence her name "Helah") and was thereupon left by her husband (hence the name "Azubah"). Subsequently she regained her health, became again like a young woman (hence the name "Naarah"), and was taken back by her husband (Ex. R. l.c.). Miriam was the ancestress of King David, and of Bezaleel, who made the Tabernacle and its vessels. Bezaleel's wisdom (Exo. 31:3) is said to have been due to his grandmother Miriam (Ex. R. xlviii. 6).”
We will learn more about Miriam tomorrow. For now, let us focus on Miriam’s husband, and understand that we are in another Numbers 13 moment.
Numbers Chapter 13 exposes how the righteous Caleb was one of twelve spies that went into the Promise Land for 40 days. He was part of the arc of the good report. Recall how both Caleb and Joshua believed they could overcome anything with God on their side while the other ten spies came back with an evil report focused on fear and the giants in the land. Caleb interrupted the fearful ones’ public declaration. “Caleb silenced the people toward Moses and said, ‘We shall surely ascend and conquer it, for we can surely do it!’” (Number 13:10 Tanach).
Will we seek and believe God’s good report, or will we be stuck in fear and focused on the so-called giants in the land? Surely, God is greater than it all, and He will help His people to not only survive, but thrive (i.e., overcome)!
Give em heaven!!!
Written January 3, 2021 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/product-page/flash-cards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.