There is a custom in Hebrew households to invite the “ushpizin” (mystical guests from the Great Cloud of Witnesses) during the Feast of Tabernacles (Sukkot). There are traditionally seven of these mystical guests – Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph, Moses, Aaron and David – where a different guest (i.e., ushpiz: אוּשְׁפִּיז) enters the sukkah each night of Sukkot. The Hebrews welcome each guest by offering them a place at their table. This is similar to the tradition of putting a place at the Passover Table for Elijah.
This year our tenth School of the Firmament class was held during Tabernacles. Since we are delving into the Ascension Songs of David, we invited King David to our banqueting table in our spiritual sukkah. We were so touched with David sharing his heart with us through some psalms that he wrote. Deep called to deep, as our supernal friend David was so vulnerable with us. Words don’t quite explain it. It’s like we sat down with a new-found friend that we felt we knew all our lives.
I would highly recommend that you and yours invite these immortal heroes of the faith to your table during The Feast too.
Give em heaven!!! Robin Main
Copyright October 7, 2020 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main
* Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
* Understanding the Order of Melchizedek book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
* MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
* MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
* SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/
* Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards