Though in the natural, God appears to be concealed in the Book of Esther, His Presence is throughout in His people. The Book of Esther centers around its name sake – Queen Esther – and her bridal walking out her devotion to the Lord amidst dire circumstances. Always remember that Queen Esther is a type-n-shadow for the True Bride of the Messiah who does the right things that results in moving the king’s heart to reverse the enemy’s plan.
The Jewish Encyclopedia tells of Esther being an orphan of the Tribe of Benjamin. Her father Abihail died before her birth while her mother died at her birth. Therefore, Esther was reared in the house of her cousin Mordecai. Esther’s original name was Hadassah, which mean myrtle (Esther 2:7). The myrtle plant is a symbol of love and is the Hebrew symbol for marriage. Myrtle branches are also among the materials listed that are needed for the restoration of the Feast of Tabernables – God’s Dwelling Place. Refer to Nehemiah 8:14-15.
Let us get back to the history of Esther. Recall that the King of Persia – Ahasuerus (Xerxes) – had deposed Queen Vashti due to her refusal to appear at a banquet before the assembled princes of the realm (Esther 1:10-22). Many beautiful maidens were then brought before the king so he could choose a worthy successor to the headstrong and rebellious Vashi.
The king’s eunuchs scoured the country in search of new wife for the Persian monarch. Acting on her own judgment or upon the order of Mordecai, Esther hid herself so she would not be seen of men. She remained in seclusion for four years until God’s own voice urged her to go to the king’s palace where her absence had been noticed. Being more than fashionably late, Esther’s appearance among the candidates for the queen’s vacant place caused quite a commotion. Talk about a timely and dramatic entry!
Esther spurns the usual resources that the Persian Empire used to enhance her beauty, so much so that Hegai, the guardian of the women, became alarmed lest he be accused of neglect. Therefore, Hegai showers Esther with attention and places riches at her disposal not given to the others. Yet, Esther refuses being a faith-filled Hebrew soul along with her seven attendants. She continues her modest mode of living.
When Esther’s turn comes to be ushered into King Xerxes presence after her twelve months preparation period, she “requested nothing except that which Hegai, the king’s chamberlain, the guardian of the women, had advised. Esther would find favor in the eyes of all who saw her” (Esther 2:15). Please refer to https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/06/21/practical-keys-to-unlocking-melchizedek-part-7-treasurer-of-the-most-intimate/.
A Median and Persian woman flanked Esther on both sides when she was brought before the king. Yet, Esther’s beauty out shined them all. The king had been in the habit of comparing all the applicants with a picture of Vashti suspended over his couch. Up to the time when Esther approached the king, none had eclipsed her beauty. At the sight of graceful Esther, the king removed the picture of his unfaithful queen. The king was immediately smitten; however, Esther didn’t reveal her people or her kindred, as instructed by Mordecai (Esther 2:10). After assuring King Ahasuerus that she was of princely blood, Esther turns the conversation in a wonderful playful way with some counter-questions regarding Vashti, leaving the king delighted and curious.
The story goes: “The king loved Esther more than all the women, and she found more favor and kindness before him than all the other maidens; so that he set the royal crown upon her head, and made her queen in place of Vashti. Then the king made a great banquet for all his officers and his servants – it was Esther’s banquet – and he proclaimed an amnesty for the provinces, and gave gifts worthy of the king’s hand” (Esther 2:17-18 Tanach).
To be continued…
NOTE: Purim starts at sundown on February 25, 2021 and goes for two days.
Give em heaven!!!
Written February 25, 2021 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.