Miriam was the sister of Moses and Aaron as well as the daughter of Amram and Jochebed (Num. 26:59). She is called “Miriam the prophetess” in Exodus 15:20 where she is seen leading all the women in a triumphant drum and joy dance after the Israelites miraculously crossed the Red Sea.
Perhaps, Miriam was born a prophet; because Hebrew History records that when her father had divorced her mother as the result of a cruel edict in Egypt, which dealt with the exposure of the Israelite children, Miriam had induced her father to take her mother back (Sotah 12a). On the day that her parents Amram and Jochebed got remarried, Miriam sang, danced, and predicted to her father that a son would be born to him who would liberate Israel from the Egyptian bondage. When Moses was born, Miriam’s father kissed her and said, “Your prophecy, my daughter, is fulfilled.”
When Moses had to be cast away due to Pharaoh’s decree to the Hebrew midwives “Every son that will be born – into the River shall you throw him!” (Exodus 1:21), Miriam was severely scolded and reproached with the forlorn heart cry of her parents: What would be the outcome of her prophecy now? This is the background for Miriam seeing how her prophecy would be fulfilled (Exodus Rabbah i.26).
Miriam went to the river to watch her baby brother from a distance, as Pharaoh’s own daughter found Moses among the reeds of the Nile, took pity on him, and drew him up out of the water (Exo. 2:1-7). This is when Miriam become the “Savior of Israel by proposing to the Egyptian princess: “Shall I go and summon for you a wet nurse from the Hebrew women, who will nurse the boy for you?” (Exodus 2:7). The princess assented, and Miriam returned with their mother Jochebed (Exo. 2:8). Miriam was called a Savior of Israel for saving the Savior/Deliverer of God’s people – Moses.
Tomorrow, we will go into Miriam’s history a little more. For now, be inspired by this delightful song from the movie “The Prince of Egypt” – When You Believe => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NieC8KA0EvI
Give em heaven!!!
Written January 2, 2021 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.
ART: Miriam Watches Over Moses in the Basket by Natalie Kadish