There's much wisdom in this virtue continuum chart. Please allow me to focus on the virtue of "love." From my own family experience, "love" that enables dysfunctional behavior or any sinful activity causes the enabled person(s) to be selfish.
I believe many times the enablement begins innocently enough with someone trying to counteract a wrong or perceived injustice. However, enabling ungodly thoughts and behavior will never result in something just, righteous, or godly. And when enablement has become a persistent way of life for anyone, it establishes not only a stronghold of selfishness, but pride. These are the people who have become “spoiled rotten.”
Did you know that the older sense of “spoiled rotten” goes beyond overindulgence? The old English conveys that spoiled rotten strips the armor and weapons from a person. It peels off the helmet of salvation. It denies the breastplate of righteousness and the girdle of truth. It rids the shoes of the gospel of peace and takes away one’s shield of faith and sword of the spirit, which is the Word of God. Being “spoiled rotten” can remove a person’s ability for self-sacrificial love, honor, and all godly virtue. But thanks be to the Holy Spirit who convicts us of sin, righteousness, and judgment (John 16:8).
So, let us love well. Let our love be patient, kind, and true. Let us love with the perfect love that casts out all fear (1 John 4:18).
“LOVE IS patient, love is kind, it is not jealous; love does not brag, it is NOT ARROGANT. It does not act disgracefully, it DOES NOT SEEK ITS OWN BENEFIT; it is not provoked, does not keep an account of a wrong suffered, it does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth; it keeps every confidence, it believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails…” (1 Corinthians 13:4-8 NASB).
Give em heaven!!!
Written August 15, 2023 – Sapphire Throne Ministries – Robin Main. Copyrighted – If you are going to copy this, please copy it right by giving attributions to this source. Blessings!
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/