“Blow a trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm on My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble, for the Day of the Lord is coming; and surely it is near, a day of darkness and gloom, a day of clouds and thick darkness. As the dawn is spread over the mountains, so there is a great and mighty people; there has never been anything like it, nor will there be again after it to the years of many generations” (Joel 2:1-2 NASB).
We are currently in a special season known as teshuvah – the Season of Repentance. It begins on the first day of the month of Elul and continues for forty days. Thirty days into the Season of Repentance we come to a Biblical Feast that is Yom Teruah – The Feast of Trumpets, or quite literally the Day of the Awakening Blast. Teruah means “an awakening blast.” Technically, this feast doesn’t have a name. Scripture only says that it is the day of blowing the trumpets:
• “Speak to the sons of Israel, saying, ‘In the seventh month on the first of the month you shall have a rest, a reminder by blowing of trumpets, a holy convocation” (Leviticus 23:24 NASB).
• “Now in the seventh month, on the first day of the month, you shall also have a holy convocation: you shall do no laborious work. It will be to you a day for blowing trumpets” (Numbers 29:1 NASB).
There are many ways the trumpets (shofars) are used in Scripture. Take for example these few samples (not an all-inclusive list):
• God’s Word, that His Jewish people call the Torah, was given to Israel with the sound of the shofar (Exodus 19:19).
• Israel will be advised of the advent of the Messiah with the sound of the shofar (Zechariah 9:14-16).
• The shofar is blown to assemble God’s people for war (Judges 3:27).
• The shofar reminds us that God is sovereign (Psalms 47:5).
• The shofar is a call to repentance (Isaiah 58:1).
• The blowing of the shofar ushers in the Day of the Lord (Joel 2:1).
When I sought the Lord about the significance of the Feast of Trumpets in 2020, which according to one calendar starts sundown on September 18, 2020 and ends on nightfall on September 20, God highlighted ushering in the Day of the Lord. When I say “day” in context with the “Day of the Lord,” I personally believe that it is a season with its advent marked by a day of blowing awakening trumpets. By the way, other calendars may differ. The Lord has told a dear friend of mine that all of man’s calendar are off, but He know the time. I choose to celebrate sundown September 18th due to the majority of Hebrews celebrating Rosh Ha Shanah on that date. My intention is to provide a bridge. BTW – Rosh Ha Shanah has Babylonian origins. To read more => https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2017/09/21/yom-teruah-or-rosh-ha-shana-bible-or-babylon/.
The prophet Joel warns that the Day of the Blast of the Trumpet is a terrible day that sounds the alarm on His holy hill – Zion. Even though both Christians and Jews look forward to this day of deliverance when the Day of the Lord trumpet sounds, many are unaware of the severity of this day of reckoning. Behold, the kindness and severity of God. It will be the best of times and the worst of times.
Everyone will need to keep laser-focused on our Beloved in the coming days, months and years. Pray. Repent. Plead the Blood of Yeshua (Jesus). Spend time in His Presence. Get into the Bible. Learn His Word and live by it. I believe that it will not only be dreadful for those unprepared and the wicked ones, but it will also be a dark and frightening day for the righteous that will causes all to press into Him and hopefully become like Him. God is a good God. Always has been. Always will be. Don’t forget the good parts of Joel Chapter 2: “It will come about after this that I will pour out My Spirit on all mankind; and your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions. Even on the male and female servants I will pour out My Spirit in those days. ... And it will come about that whoever calls on the name of the LORD will be delivered; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be those who escape, as the LORD has said, even among the survivors whom the LORD calls” (Joel 2:28-32 NASB). Never ever forget the glorious and comforting promise that “whoever calls on the name of the LORD will be delivered (saved).” Exciting times! Always remember that there is a good and godly purpose to all this. Please refer to https://sapphirethroneministries.wordpress.com/2020/08/18/get-ready-to-rumble-soar/.
Give em heaven!!! Robin Main
Copyright September 17, 2020
• Ascension Manual book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188511
• Understanding the Order of Melchizedek: Complete Series book => https://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Order-Melchizedek-Robin-Main/dp/0998598240/
• MEL GEL Study Guide book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578188538/
• MEL GEL Study Guide: Volume 2 book => https://www.amazon.com/dp/0998598232/
• Set of Hebrew Living Letter Flash Cards => https://www.sapphirethroneministries.com/flashcards
• Blazing New Wine of Hanukkah: Bridal Restoration of DNA book => https://www.amazon.com/Blazing-New-Wine-Hanukkah-Understanding-ebook/dp/B010MHNZMK/
• SANTA-TIZING: What’s wrong with Christmas and how to clean it up book => https://www.amazon.com/SANTA-TIZING-Whats-wrong-Christmas-clean/dp/1607911159/ was written to fulfill a vow made to Yeshua’s face to tell the Christian Church that “Christmas will be the Golden Calf of America.” It took 10 years of full-time research, a golden scribe angel and the Spirit’s leading to unearthing His Truth in the sands of time. It covers every argument that you have ever heard about Christmas.